Tuesday 5 April 2011

Source Code

2011
Director
Duncan Jones
Starring
Jake Gyllenhaal
Michelle Monaghan
Vera Farmiga
Jeffrey Wright

Wooooo Source Code, thank fuck I went to see this film as well or my brain may have died. If you missed the last blog I went to the cinema on Saturday to see two films. One was Sucker Punch. If you've seen it, you know what I mean about the brain death.

Anyway, I am becoming a huge fan of Zowie Bowie, Moon was one of the best films in recent years. Science Fiction has recently become a bland affair of big budget alien invasion films and Moon was a breath of fresh air. I was worried this would be an inadequite follow up. I was wrong. It was fucking awesome.
The premise, Jake Gyllenhall works for the military, he's placed into the last 8 minutes of someones life on a train that's about to blow up. He needs to get some clues together to catch the bomber who has threatened to set off another bomb in Chicago later that day. Time is limited on both ends.

The pacing of the film is awesome. It could easily have turned into crap but it's executed to perfection. Jake Gyllenhall gives his usual awesome performance. I keep thinking he's been in tons of crap films but thats not true. I blame The Day After Tomorrow and the poster for Prince of Persia. I didn't have to see it, the poster did enough to put me off.
I don't want to go into the plot too much, it's hard to go into without people shouting about spoilers. I would however just like to say that if you find yourself going to the cinema in the next weeks or so, see this film. You won't regret it. Duncan Jones is an awesome director and I can't wait to see what he's going to do next. Rock Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment